Monday 11 June 2012

top five neutral shimmer shades.

i'm not going to post about a new product today, but instead share a few eyeshadow shades which i've really liked wearing as of late.


my go-to brand for neutral, shimmery shades has to be urban decay. for some reason, they are the only brand whose eyeshadows work perfectly for me in terms of texture and pigment. a lot of the time, other brands come up with neutral shades which just don't work with my olive complexion or fail to show up at all. luckily for me, urban decay's shade selection is amazing with a bunch of really pretty ones that don't ham up the glitter. despite sounding like a broken record (i am literally banging my head on the keyboard as we speak), their naked palette is stupidly good value and a real staple of mine. dsdfjg gdi ifg guuuuuu.

now, i'm the first to admit that my experience with rimmel eyeshadows is somewhat limited. their eyeshadow in 'spicy bronze' is something which i've blogged about before, and which i absolutely love. the texture is buttery and the shade is unlike anything else i've seen before (i certainly haven't found a dupe) - plus it's cheap. unfortunately i can't say whether that is something that extends to all of their shadows, or just this one. a must-have for darker girls, seriously.

left to right: rimmel (spicy bronze), urban decay (chopper), urban decay (smog), urban decay (toasted).

this small selection of shades has kept me going despite me opting for a no-fuss look as of late. the extra 10 minutes seconds it takes to apply these makes me feel as if i've put a slight bit of effort in, taking me from a 9 on the tramp scale to possibly a 7.


face: 17 primer, mac studio fix fluid (nw30), collection lasting perfection concealer (#2), clinique airbrush concealer (03 light), mac mineralize skinfinish (medium plus).
eyes: urban decay primer potion, urban decay eyeshadows (chopper, twice baked), maybelline gel liner, rimmel kohl pencil, mac studio fix lash, clinique high definition mascara (lower lashes), mac eyebrow pencil (stud), the body shop brow & lash gel.
cheeks: mac (stunner).
lips: 17 (bon bon).

4 comments:

  1. come across your blog researching the 30 day shred DVD and thought id drop you a comment, even though im a male and the items you review i wouldnt ever use, i actually thoroughly enjoy reading your blog lol.

    well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha this is my favourite comment ever! i'm so glad you enjoy it, made me smile. good luck with the 30 day shred if you do it. :)

      Delete
  2. I only just got the Naked palette and I love it too... but I know what you mean. I feel like a stereotype every time I recommend it to someone... haven't even dared mention it on my blog yet lol! Just discovered you, having fun looking around :) (oh, that sounds creepier than necessary... sorry. I'll go be quiet now).

    Frances XX http://kisskissdahling.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey frances, nice blog! and i embrace any form of creepiness, so don't worry haha. i'm glad someone out there is the same! i feel a tinge of guilt whenever i rave about it!

      Delete

.post-body img.noshadow { padding: 0px; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .0); -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .0); -goog-ms-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .0); box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .0); border: 0px; }